Safety and security
The security of our visitors, artists and entourage, crew and people of Zeebrugge and neighbouring villages is a number one priority to the organization of WECANDANCE. Our security measures were taken in consultation with the police, the emergency services and local government.
All visitors can be subject to a full hand search. They are deemed to cooperate and to open their bags spontaneously in order to show the contents to security and crew members responsible for the search. Small backpacks and handbags (max. 45 cm high) will be allowed on site after search.
We have set out clear guidelines concerning all items that are allowed or forbidden at the festival (see list* below).
- Professional photo, video and audio recording equipment
- Tripods, selfiesticks, drones
- Food or beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic, except water in plastic bottls for campers)
- Glass, plastic bottles, cans, beverage boxes (except water in plastic bottls for campers)
- Drugs (people who have to take medication are advised to bring a medical certificate)
- Fireworks, explosives, torches and any other flammable products
- Weapons, knives and other sharp items
- Portable benches or chairs (except foldable camping chairs at the camping site)
- Inflatable items (pools, balls, chairs and sofas…)
- Non-drinkable gels and liquids such as deodorant, perfume and other spray cans (except cosmetic products in packaging smaller than 50ml)
- Laser pens
- Backpacks or purses larger than 45cm
- Gas, gas burners and candles
- Large parasols and umbrellas with pins
- Plastic or wooden containers
- Animals (except guide dogs for people with a visual disability)
- Flyers, stickers, posters and other promo material not approved by WECANDANCE
- Banners with discriminating or provocative messages that could disturb public peace and safety
- Any other item that can be seen as dangerous by the organization
*This list can be altered at any time by the organization.
Tip: Try and avoid bringing redundant items or large bags. Leave them at home if possible or store them in our lockers. Only bags under 45cm height are allowed at the festival.
We’d like to thank all visitors for understanding and cooperating so we can all enjoy an unforgettable, but above all safe WECANDANCE 2018!